Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionEven those who dispute the Quran do t question that it is in its original form, untouched by time. Considering, then, that many of the events relating to the period of its revelation are documented in the Quran, this enables one to travel back in time and take a closer look at the Prophet Muhammad, who is amongst the most towering personalities in history. It is this priceless offering, the chance to discover and reconstruct Muhammad based on evidence as irrefutable as the Quran, that this book pursues. The Quran is t just about Muhammad, however. It also spells out the fundamentals of Islam, regarding which there is growing global interest as well as ongoing debate between the moderate and fundamentalist camps. This book assesses the competing claims by the two schools regarding religious tolerance and women's rights in the Quran, and then engages both on a more fundamental question. The author was raised in the liberal tradition of Islam. He therefore found it difficult to come to terms, as do most moderate Muslims, with how a message of absolute peace and forgiveness could be so distorted by the militant fundamentalists. It was to counter views associated with the less tolerant schools of thought that he was first drawn into reading and understanding the Quran. This book is the outcome. It is, however, meant to let the Quran speak more generally and t just on issues that divide the moderates and the fundamentalists. The author has chosen for the present to write under a penname, Seeker of the Truth, but remains optimistic of disclosing his identity in the future. He also does t doubt that a vast majority of Muslims would allow him the license to express the views ted in this book, which of course are founded on the Quran.
- Author(s)Bahis Sedq
- PublisherDog Ear Publishing
- Date of Publication08/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDog Ear Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.