All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Radon transform, which represents the scattering data arising from a tomographic scan, underpins the mathematical foundations of medical imaging. This book surveys the mathematics behind some well-established imaging modalities such as X-ray CT and emission tomography, as well as a variety of newly developing coupled physics or hybrid techniques, including thermoacoustic tomography. Presented in this treatment are explanations of important concepts such as inversion, stability, incomplete data effects, the role of interior information, and other critical issues. In addition to emphasising mathematical ideas from across the spectrum of medical imaging modalities, the author provides a vast bibliography, and appendices covering tation, Fourier analysis, geometric rays, and linear operators. Graduate students and researchers in mathematics, physics, and engineering who are interested in medical imaging will find this book to be an invaluable resource.
- Author BiographyPeter Kuchment is a Distinguished Professor in the Mathematics Department of Texas A&M University. He is a Fellow of both the American Mathematical Society and the Institute of Physics. His work is focused in the areas of mathematical physics, partial differential equations, spectral theory, medical imaging, and the enhancement of K-12 education in mathematics. He has authored more than 150 publications, including the books Floquet Theory for Partial Differential Equations (1993) and Introduction to Quantum Graphs (with G. Berkolaiko, 2013).
- Author(s)Peter Kuchment
- PublisherSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Date of Publication20/03/2014
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSociety for Industrial & Applied Mathematics,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight430 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.