CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe perfect gift for every railway lover. Why is Pen-y-Darren so significant? What is the longest railway line in the world? When was the Beeching closure? And what exactly is The Titfield Thunderbolt? Find the answer to all these questions and more inside The Railway Pocket Bible, a compendium of railway trivia and titbits perfect for any railway enthusiast. Uncover profiles about famous locomotives including the TGV, Bullet Train and Flying Scotsman as well as the history and infamy behind many famous railway stations from Paddington to Grand Central Station. Inside The Railway Pocket Bible you'll discover the enduring popularity of railways, get a pocket-sized history of trains from steam railways to the present day as well as how to indulge your railway hobby with information on railway societies, railway museums and preserved heritage railways. Dip in to great ideas for model railways, learn how to get started with a trainspotters' guide and enjoy the best trains on film, books and television. From funiculars and trams to narrow gauge railways and morail, you'll find handy, easy-to-digest trivia about a wealth of train types and famous trains throughout history. Relive the golden age of railway travel, capture the experience of railway journeys around the world from the Orient Express to the Trans-Siberian Railway and delve into railway culture from Agatha Christie to Alfred Hitchcock. So if you want all the most important railway facts at your fingertips, kick back and make sure your railway kwledge is first class with The Railway Pocket Bible today. Small and durable, and perfectly designed to be taken out trainspotting, The Railway Pocket Bible is sure to be a trusty addition to any railway enthusiast's bookshelf. This beautiful hardback edition has both dust-cover and gold embossing on the spine making it the perfect gift. Every Pocket Bible is lovingly crafted to give you a unique mix of useful references, handy tips and fascinating trivia that will enlighten and entertain you at every page. There is a Pocket Bible for everyone...Other titles in the series: The Dad's Pocket Bible, The Christmas Pocket Bible, The Camping Pocket Bible, The Baking Pocket Bible and The DIY Pocket Bible.
- Author BiographyAndrew has been involved in railways since his teens, and can be found most weekends on one of several heritage lines around the UK, either in the cab of a steam engine or at the lineside photographing it. In his spare time he writes for a number of transport publications.
- Author(s)Andrew Fowler
- PublisherCrimson Publishing
- Date of Publication15/07/2011
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Series TitlePocket Bibles
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPocket Bibles
- Out-of-print date20/04/2016
- Width115 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine21 mm
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.