All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne lazy summer day in the summer of 1968, a young girl discovers an enchanting backyard teeming with fruit trees, flowers, roses, and a fairy-tale castle birdhouse clustered between pine trees and a mysterious old white cottage. Nestled in the back of this secret garden is a magnificent raspberry patch. Row upon row of bright-red raspberries dot the green leaves of the raspberry plants and light up the raspberry patch like lights on a Christmas tree. There the young girl meets the raspberry man, the seventy-seven-year-old owner of this hidden wonderland, a Danish immigrant who came to United States to live the American dream. He sends her home with a bouquet of roses and a bowl of raspberries. Soon after this visit, she adopts him as her grandpa and they form a lifetime friendship. Charming illustrations help to tell this heartwarming tale, inspired by a true story, about the love that can be shared between the elderly and the young. This book also reminds us of the importance of kindness and respecting every generation and culture.
- Author(s)Janalee Tobias
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight146 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.