All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdited by Seamus Heaney and Ted Hughes, and conceived of as a collection of their own favourite poems, The Rattle Bag has established itself as the classic anthology of our time. Heaney and Hughes have brought together an inspired and diverse selection, ranging from undisputed masterpieces to rare discoveries, as well as drawing upon works in translation and traditional poems from oral cultures. In effect, this anthology has transformed the way we define and appreciate poetry, and it will continue to do so for years to come. Including writers from Shakespeare and Blake to Sylvia Plath and T. S. Eliot, The Rattle Bag is eclectic, instructive and inspiring at the same time.
- Author BiographySeamus Heaney was born in County Derry in Northern Ireland. In 1995 he was awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature. Ted Hughes (1930-1998) was born in Yorkshire. He was Poet Laureate from 1984, and in 1998 he was appointed to the Order of Merit.
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication17/03/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight542 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited bySeamus Heaney,Ted Hughes
- Edition StatementMain
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.