All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
About this product
- DescriptionThis text provides a comprehensive survey of the often controversial thinker Raymond Tallis. From nihilism, Theorrhoea and literary theory, to the role of the unconscious, it guides the reader through the paptic sweep of Tallis' critical insights, revealing a way of thinking for the 21st century. The works are supplemented by a detailed introduction and linking commentary.
- Author BiographyRAYMOND TALLIS trained as a doctor at the University of Oxford and St. Thomas's hospital. Since 1987 he has been Professor and a consultant physician in Health Care of the Elderly in Salford. Over the last fifteen years, he has written extensively outside of medicine. He has published short stories and poetry and been (?) for his critiques of post-Saussurean thought, his reflections on art and science and his discussions of the philosophy of mind. He was recently described in The Times Education Supplement as 'one of the most intriguing figures in the current intellectual scene'. He was awarded an honorary degree of Doctor of Letters by the University of Hull in 1997 for his contributions to literary scholarship. MICHAEL GRANT is Senior Lecturer in Film Studies at the University of Kent, Canterbury. His publications include T.S. Eliot: The Critical Heritage (1982) and Dead Ringers (1997).
- Author(s)Raymond Tallis
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/09/2000
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight781 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byMichael Grant
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.