The Re-Education of the American Working Class: Inaugural Conference : Revised Papers by Joseph Wilson, Steven H. London, Elvira R. Tarr (Hardback, 1990)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $107.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $28.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work brings together articles and papers by union leaders, activists, social scientists, and educators to provide an overview of the field of worker education. Along with presenting the major historical models of worker education, the book addresses the present issues confronting worker educators today. The book's final sections present alternative models of worker education that illustrate a variety of approaches currently being employed. All selections found in this volume represent original contributions t published elsewhere. The first section of the book considers the field of worker education from four levels of social determinism: institutional, ideological, pedagogical, and personal. The second part focuses on three historical stages of worker education. The articles cover the early radical phase of worker education, the period of union-university cooperation, and the current, dominant union-sponsored model of worker education. The third section considers issues which have risen from worker education's history, institutional configurations, and worker education's place in modern American society. The final section of the book presents evaluations of working alternatives to the dominant models of worker education. The authors t only discuss specific programs and institutions, but they do so in the context of the historical models outlined in the first two sections and the issues raised in Part 3. This book will be of value to students of the social science and education disciplines, adult and labor educators, trade unionists, and others interested in this burgeoning field.
- Author BiographySTEVEN H. LONDON is Professor of Political Science at Brooklyn College and teaches at the Graduate Center for Worker Education at Brooklyn College, City University of New York. ELVIRA R. TARR is Professor of Education at Brooklyn College, City University of New York. JOSEPH F. WILSON is Professor of Political Science at Brooklyn College and teaches at the Graduate Center for Worker Education at Brooklyn College, City University of New York.
- Author(s)Elvira R. Tarr,Joseph Wilson,Steven H. London
- Date of Publication17/10/1990
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Series TitleContributions in Labor Studies
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight615 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.