All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionAmerica is the land of the free, the beacon of democracy, and the leader of the world. It is the land of opportunity and a nation of homeowners. Or is it? Packed with maps, graphics, illustrations, and incisive essays, this handy, concise atlas examines the most cherished ideals about American life to see how they measure up to the realities: Who votes for whom? Are McMansions really taking over? Where do soldiers come from? Where are the guns? Is the foreclosure crisis affecting everyone? Where are the uninsured? How are women faring in the Great Recession? Are there any wild open spaces left in America?
- Author BiographyCynthia Enloe is Research Professor at Clark University in Worcester, Massachusetts. Joni Seager is Professor and Chair of Global Studies at Bentley University in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Cynthia H. Enloe,Joni Seager
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication20/07/2011
- SubjectPopular Culture & Media: General Interest
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note100 colour & 31 b/w illustrations, 100 maps, 52 tables
- Weight371 g
- Width187 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.