All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Realities of Work adopts a unique approach providing a critical examination of work from the employee's perspective. The book explores the effects of being managed and how employees themselves interact with and respond to the strategies, tactics, decisions and actions of managers. Packed full of features such as key concepts, real world examples and exercises, the book introduces students to multi-disciplinary material from across the social sciences and encourages them to think more deeply about the variety of issues involved. New to this edition: * Thoroughly updated to reflect broad social and ecomic changes * Detailed examination of the global financial crisis (GFC) and its effect on workers * Explores recent research findings that focus on how work issues and demands affect employees * Completely rewritten to improve accessibility * Fully revised case studies and exercises The Realities of Work is an essential text for undergraduate and postgraduate students of management, HRM, organization studies, employment studies and work sociology. Visit www.palgrave.com/business/on4 for additional student and lecturer resources.
- Author BiographyMIKE NOON is Professor of Human Resource Management at the School of Business and Management, Queen Mary, University of London, UK. PAUL BLYTON is Professor of Industrial Relations and Industrial Sociology at Cardiff Business School, Cardiff University, UK, and a Research Associate, ESRC Centre for Business Relationships, Accountability, Sustainability and Society (BRASS). KEVIN MORRELL is Associate Professor of Governance at Warwick Business School, University of Warwick, UK.
- Author(s)Kevin Morrell,Mike Noon,Paul Blyton
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/02/2013
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1997
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight837 g
- Width188 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.