All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.02
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is going on? Consider the last few years: The global financial system was brought to its knees; the creditworthiness of the world's remaining superpower was downgraded; crises within the Eurozone escalated to threaten the entire world ecomy; many Arab countries became increasingly unstable, and for a few days arsonists and looters took control of British city streets; concealed abuses by Roman Catholic priests shook faith in some parts of the Establishment; concealed abuses by tabloid journalists, politicians and the police shook faith in much of the rest; meanwhile, governments around the globe appeared powerless to prevent collapsing fish-stocks, depleting water reserves, uncontrolled species-extinctions, escalating oil prices and growing threats of climate change. Such proliferating crises appear worryingly random and uncontrollable. Yet they are t. In reality, all of these global crises are indirectly linked. In this groundbreaking book, the foremost authority on the hidden inner-workings of society reveals how today's onslaught of apparently separate international backlashes is in fact an unintended consequence of living in an increasingly complex and interconnected world - ultimately they are side-effects of the accelerating growth of hugely-beneficial trends relating to High-Tech. As a result, the crises are set to escalate. And, stuck with existing global governance, world-leaders will struggle to make much difference. Working through all the major examples of growing crises, Dr. Scott-Morgan builds up progressive insights into how our global ecomy really works, which of the emerging crises are most dangerous, and how the main types can best be handled. Finally, in a world-shattering conclusion he demonstrates why existing government bodies alone are incapable of preventing a progressive slide toward global chaos, and how it will more likely fall to a combination of business-leaders and members of the general public to save the day as global governance realigns from Territory to Industry with the rise of Global Guilds and Boundaryless People-Power. NOTE: This is the companion volume to 'The Reality of our Global Future' by the same author.
- Author BiographyAs foremost authority on the hidden inner-workings of the world economy, Dr. Peter B Scott-Morgan has been invited to decode the complex reality behind all the main components of the international community. For more than 25 years and across the USA, Europe, Asia Pacific and Latin America he has been offered exceptional access to institutions, government organizations and corporations (including many of the major players in banking, pharmaceuticals, oil, energy, IT, telecoms and media) to analyze their systemic threats and advise their leaders how to respond. He is one of very few that has ever gained so much confidential insight into such a wide-ranging sample of the world economy. Dr. Scott-Morgan has given more than a thousand speeches, presentations and workshops in over thirty countries and has spent approximately the same amount of his career based in the USA as in Europe. He has an expert knowledge of technology, sociology and management science, and a detailed grasp of history and politics. With specialist expertise in system dynamics, organizational strategy and change management he has built a track record of published thought-leadership, authoring over a hundred articles and refereed papers, as well as several reference materials and six books. Within academia he has taught numerous post-graduate MBA courses in London, Boston and Rotterdam, as well as been Professor of Business and Chairman of the Board of Trustees at a Boston-based international Business School. In corporate life he has been Senior Vice President of a 3,500-person professional-services firm and the Managing Director of a 150-person international management consultancy.
- Author(s)Dr Peter B Scott-Morgan
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.