The Really Inconvenient Truths: Seven Environmental Catastrophes Liberals Don't Want You to Know About - Because They Helped Cause Them by Iain Murray (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.66Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by book_fountain
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAl Gore is bad for the planet...Talk about really inconvenient truths--that's one of the many you'll find in Iain Murray's rollicking expose of environmental blowhards who waste more energy, endanger more species, and actually kill more people (yes, that's right) than the environmental villains they finger. Did you kw that estrogen from birth control and morning after pills is causing male fish across America to develop female sex organs? Funny how pro-choice and environmentalist liberals never talk about that. Or how about this: the Live Earth concert to save the planet released more CO2 into the atmosphere than a fleet of 2,000 Humvees emit in a year? We hear a lot about AIDS in Africa, but the number one killer of children in much of Africa is malaria--and guess who was responsible for banning the pesticide that used to have malaria under control? Iain Murray, a sprightly conservative environmental analyst with a long record of skewering liberal hypocrisy, has dug up seven of the all-time great environmental catastrophes caused by the Left and exposed them in The Really Inconvenient Truths. Murray lays bare: * How ethal, the liberals' favorite fuel, is destroying the world's rainforests--and could cause global food shortages * How Al Gore's hero Rachel Carson cost the lives of millions of Africans through her efforts to ban DDT * How the environmentalists have covered up the polluting effects of contraceptive and chemical abortion drugs * How the Endangered Species Act actually endangers species * How Gore's vision of greater state control over the ecomy has already produced some of the greatest environmental disasters in history All of us want a planet with clean air and clean water, vibrant forests, healthy animal populations, and glorious open space. But liberal environmentalists aren't the ones to deliver it. In fact, they've made the planet worse, while old-fashioned property rights, unpopular hunters, and the invative engine of capitalism have made it better. The facts are all here, in a book that Al Gore would rather burn than read.
- Author(s)Iain Murray
- PublisherRegnery Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRegnery Publishing Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, figures
- Weight585 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.