All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Really Useful Physical Education Book offers support, guidance and practical ideas for effective, invative and imaginative physical education lessons. Underpinned by easy-to-understand theory, this second edition is fully updated in line with the National Curriculum for Physical Education at Key Stages 3 and 4 and provides a wide range of high quality lessons alongside engaging teaching examples and methodologies. With an emphasis on inclusive physical education, it highlights the ways in which schools can re-design the curriculum to ensure maximum enjoyment for all pupils. Key topics covered include: * Planning, progression and assessment * Health and safety issues * Inclusive track and field athletics * Adapting activities to support SEND * Swimming and water based activities * Alternative activities including street-surfing and combat sports * Introducing dance into the curriculum * Enjoyable gymnastics for physical literacy * On-site adventurous activities * Values-based teaching * Teaching accredited awards * Using new and emerging techlogies The Really Useful Physical Education Book offers essential advice and inspiration for both trainee and practising teachers responsible for the 11-16 age range. It is a must-read for all those who want to make their lesson inclusive and fun whilst promoting a healthy lifestyle and enthusiasm for lifelong activity.
- Author BiographyGary Stidder is Principal Lecturer and the PGCE, School Direct and Troops to Teachers Route Leader in Physical Education at the University of Brighton, UK. He is also the co-founder and deputy director of Football 4 Peace International and is a Senior Research Associate at the University of Johannesburg, South Africa. Sid Hayes is Principal Lecturer in Physical Education, and Assistant Head of the School of Sport and Service Management at the University of Brighton, UK.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/11/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleThe Really Useful
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations, 19 black & white tables, 23 black & white halftones, 34 black & white line drawings
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Edited byGary Stidder,Sid Hayes
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.