All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionIn his foreword, Robert D Tollison identifies the main objective of Geoffrey Brennan and James M Buchanan's The Reason of Rules : ...a book-length attempt to focus the energies of ecomists and other social analysts on the nature and function of the rules under which ordinary political life and market life function. In persuasive style, Brennan and Buchanan argue that too often ecomists become mired in explaining the obvious or constructing elaborate mathematical models to shed light on trivial phemena. Their solution: ecomics as a discipline would be better focused on deriving rmative procedures for establishing rules so that ordinary ecomic life can proceed unaffected as much as possible by social issues.In The Reason of Rules , Brennan and Buchanan sketch out a methodological and analytical framework for the establishment of rules. They point out that the consideration of rules has its roots in classical ecomics and has been hinted at in the work of some contemporary ecomists. But the enterprise of applying the analytical rigor of modern ecomics to the establishment of effective rules is the little-traveled road that bears the most promise. In fact, the basic idea of the importance of rules is a thread that runs through virtually the whole of Buchanan's distinguished career, and it is one of his signal contributions to the contemporary discipline of ecomics. The Reason of Rules is an elaboration of the potential for rules and the rmative process by which they can best be devised.
- Author BiographyJames M. Buchanan is an eminent economist who won the Alfred Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences in 1986 and one of the greatest scholars of liberty in the twentieth century.
- Author(s)Geoffrey Brennan,James M. Buchanan
- PublisherLiberty Fund Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiberty Fund Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.