The Reception of James Joyce in Europe by Bloomsbury Publishing PLC (Hardback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $417.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $56.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJames Joyce is w widely considered the most influential writer of the twentieth century. His name and his most important works appeared again and again in fin-de-millennium surveys. This is the case t only in the English-speaking world, but also in many European literatures. Joyce's influence is most prounced in French, German and Italian literatures, where translations of most of his works appeared during his life-time and where he had a clear impact on his fellow-writers. In other countries and cultures, his influence took more time to register, sometimes after the war in the fifties and sixties, and sometimes only in the final decade of the century. This was the case in most of the languages of Eastern Europe, where the translation of Joyce's work could only begin after the collapse of the Soviet Union in the 1990s.
This book contains two volumes.
Series Editor: Dr Elir Shaffer FBA, Institute of Germanic & Romance Studies, School of Advanced Study, University of London
Contributors to the volume include: Sonja Basic (University of Zagreb) Eric Bulson, (Columbia University) Astradur Eysteinsson (University of Reykjavik) Kalina Filipova (University of Sofia) Marta Goldmann (University of Budapest) Jakob Greve (University of Copenhagen) Manana Khergiani (New York) Teresa Iribarren (University of Barcelona) On R. Kosters and Ron Hoffman (The Netherlands) Alberto Lazaro (University of Alcala, Madrid) Marisol Morales Ladron (University of Alcala, Madrid) Maria Filomena Louro (University of Minho, Portugal) Tina Mahkota (University of Ljubljana) John McCourt (University of Trieste) Patrick O'Neill (Queen's University, Canada) Adrian Otoiu (North University of Baia Mare, Rumania) Miltos Pehlivas (Aristotle University, Greece) Ale Pogacnik (Slovenia) Jina Politi (Aristotle University, Greece) Steen Klitgard Povlsen (University of Aarhus) H.K.Riikonen (University of Helsinki) Frank Sewell (University of Ulster) Sam Slote (University of Buffalo) Per Svenson (Sweden) Emily Tall (University of Buffalo) Bjorn Tysdahl (University of Oslo) Tomo Virk (University of Ljubljana) Jolanta W. Wawrzycka (Radford University) Robert Weninger (Oxford Brookes University) Wolfgang Wicht (University of Potsdam) Serenella Zatti (University of Rome)
- Author BiographyGeert Lernout is Professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of Antwerp, Belgium, and Director of the James Joyce Centre. He has published The French Joyce (1990) and Iets Anders: De GoldBerg-Varieties van Bach (2001). Dr Wim Van Mierlo is Lecturer in Textual Scholarship and English Studies at the Institute of English Studies, University of London.
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication17/06/2004
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintContinuum International Publishing Group Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1193 g
- Width163 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byGeert Lernout
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.