All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Pure, unadulterated romance' Best Chick Lit.com You are reckless, proud, spoiled and everything I dislike! For Lord Henry Marlow, the future Earl of Barrington, life is for living before he accepts his duty. No wager is too risky or challenge too dangerous - until a racing injury forces the Barrington heir to return home and prepare for his destiny. But the one thing Henry will t do is bow to his parents' wishes and propose to his childhood friend and neighbour, beautiful Alethea Forth. And he'll t put up with her disapproving sister, Susan, either, matter how much he enjoys their verbal sparring...Kind-hearted, bookish Susan Forth has always thought Henry arrogant and self-centred, and has never hidden her dislike of the rogue! But this injured, vulnerable Henry reluctantly brings out her natural compassion, and a shocking desire for the man who is expected to marry her sister! A stolen kiss leads to a forbidden passion - and for the first time in her life, Susan kws what it's like to be reckless - with a man who is finally learning to care. But when tragedy strikes, their secret love is all that holds them together - and could tear their lives apart...
- Author BiographyJane is qualified to the equivalent of a Masters Degree in People Management and is fascinated by the things which craft people's personalities, so she has great fun exploring these through characters. She lives in the United Kingdom near the Regency City of Bath and has just bought her 400 year old dream home. History has always tempted her imagination and she loves researching and also exploring ruins and houses to get ideas. She equally loves a love story. Jane has always aspired to writing a historical novel so when she was thirty she put it on her 'to do before I am forty' list. She completed her first novel ten years ago, never sent it anywhere then started the next. She's not stopped writing since, and escaping into a mental world of fiction is a great painkiller to help fight off her Ankylosing Spondylitis.
- Author(s)Jane Lark
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight270 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.69
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.24
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.13
- AU $47.57Trending at AU $49.64
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $34.75
- AU $27.13Trending at AU $27.89
- AU $11.85Trending at AU $14.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.