All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $79.92Trending at AU $82.53
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe Reckoning, winner of the 2009 Indie Book Award for Multicultural Fiction and the 2010 Writer's Digest International Self-Published Book Award for Mainstream/Literary Fiction, tells the story of a journey home gone terribly wrong. When journalist Theresa Fuller is captured inside Iraq in August 2002, and imprisoned by Iraq's secret police, visions of her childhood in Baghdad begin to haunt her. Tormented by the relentless Colonel Badr, she only finds relief in her growing attraction to Tariq al-Awali, the Iraqi captain who took charge of her capture. Before American bombs begin to fall, Theresa must find a way to escape the cruelty of an oppressive regime and save those she cares for most. Through gritty, gut wrenching prose Mills exposes the horrors of dictatorship and the mindless cruelty that flows from political repression. The Reckoning masterfully weaves the horrors of Saddam Hussein's Iraq with the rich threads of a compelling fictional narrative as raw and real as anything taken from today's political headlines. It also sends a message of hope, inspiration, and faith in the human heart.
- Author BiographyTanya Parker Mills grew up overseas in Greece, Turkey, Iraq, and Lebanon. She lived through two revolutions in Iraq involving Saddam Hussein's Ba'ath Party. With a degree in Journalism from Brigham Young University, she has worked for a PBS affiliate and has published numerous newspaper articles. She currently lives in Washington with her husband and their two children. This, her first novel, was a finalist in two categories for the 2008 Whitney Award, won the 2009 Indie Book Award for Multicultural Fiction (while being named a finalist in two other categories), and won the 2010 Writer's Digest International Self-Published Book Award for Mainstream/Literary Fiction.
- Author(s)Tanya Parker Mills
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication17/09/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.