All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Red Light in the Ivory Tower: Contexts and Implications of Entrepreneurial Education critically analyzes the operational behaviors of prestigious and prestige-seeking universities, particularly within the context of budget shortfalls and increasing competition. The book challenges entrepreneurial activities within universities by exploring the costs of such ventures in terms of horing commitments to faculty and students while maintaining integrity of institutional purpose. The book offers six case studies that illustrate the organizational behaviors influenced by prestige indicators. Ultimately, the book challenges readers to address the complex issues of leadership and power within the context of social, political, ecomic, and historical influences within higher education. By asking difficult questions about the entrepreneurial behaviors of prestigious and prestige-seeking universities, stakeholders can reimagine and reclaim a sense of purpose that can ultimately influence organizational identities and thus the degree to which their universities support and serve their students, faculty, and community.
- Author BiographyDonna Adair Breault (PhD Georgia State University) is associate professor of curriculum studies at West Virginia University. She has three books including Urban Education: A Handbook for Parents and Educators (with Louise Allen) and Experiencing Dewey: Lessons for the Classroom (with Rick Breault). In addition, she has had articles published in a number of journals including Educational Theory, Educational Forum, Educational Studies, Planning and Change, and the International Journal of Leadership in Education. David M. Callejo Perez (PhD Florida International University) is the Carl A. Gerstacker Endowed Chair in Education at Saginaw Valley State University and Chair, Human Subjects Institutional Review Board. He has authored three books on civil rights in the South, schools in the inner city and higher education, co-edited five others, and published several chapters in books as well as over 40 peer-reviewed articles and 50 refereed academic papers. He is a member and factotum (2012) of the Society for Professors of Curriculum.
- Author(s)David M. Callejo Perez,Donna Adair Breault
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication30/04/2012
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleCounterpoints
- Series Part/Volume Number401
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight350 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.