All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt was Grand National weekend and Cathy Price had just popped into a pub in the Lake District to see how her horse was doing. A sign alerted her to the fact that this was the most common name for a pub in the UK. I wonder if anyone has ever visited them all? she thought. The name of the pub was The Red Lion. And so, the quest began...In a journey of 600 plus pubs and nearly 100,000 miles through a recession and better times, she thinks she has visited every UK RED Lion from the very worst to the most magical. Taking in Enid Blyton, James Bond and Clark Gable plus royalty and rock 'n' roll, births, deaths, marriages and ghosts, and of course her own personal life story evolving over more than four years, this is a heartwarming story that captures the essence of everything quirky and British. Part-guide, part adventure meet the characters and stories behind the Red Lion pub in this unique journey as Cathy saw them one at a time. Welcome to the quest!
- Author BiographyBrought up be independent, Cathy Price has always had the travel bug. She has now visited seventy countries and has lived in Spain and India. She has been a dress design specialist, a property investor and now unexpectedly a fitness and aerobics instructor. Divorced, one daughter, she continues to travel by mostly to places with Red Lion pubs!
- Author(s)Cathy Price
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectTrue Stories
- Place of PublicationLeicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight481 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.