All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLife in Amira's peaceful Sudanese village is shattered when Janjaweed attackers arrive, unleashing unspeakable horrors. After losing nearly everything, Amira needs to find the strength to make the long journey on foot to safety at a refugee camp. She begins to lose hope, until the gift of a simple red pencil opens her mind -- and all kinds of possibilities.
- Author BiographyAndrea Davis Pinkney is the bestselling and award-winning author of many books for children, includingBird in a Box, Sit -In, Hand in Hand, and Martin & Mahalia. She was was recently awarded a Coretta Scott King author award and chosen to deliver the May Hill Arbuthnot Honor Lecture, recognizing her contributions to the children's book community. Shane W. Evans is the illustrator of many books for young readers, including the Coretta Scott King award winner Underground: Finding the Light to Freedom.
- Author(s)Andrea Davis Pinkney
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- Date of Publication26/11/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown Young Readers
- Content Note100 b/w illustrations
- Weight292 g
- Width195 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.