CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.41
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
About this product
- DescriptionPerugia is one of the most beautiful cities in Italy. Many of the greatest artists of the Renaissance like Pinturicchio, Raphael or Luca Sigrelli worked there. In Perugia a powerful family, The Baglionis, carried out t only a cruel and parallel power of the city in the shadows, but also managed to sponsor the development of the arts with a very gentle touch. In the Summer of Sixteenth century during a wedding ceremony a family feud ended in blood and in the slaughter of many members of the reigning Baglioni family. Eventually, the final winner was Giampaolo Baglioni. In the book, there are also mentioned some members the Borgia and the Medici families, several Popes of the Roman Church and many Doges from Venice. This and much more is accurately narrated with a lively style and astonishingly captivating color illustrations in the book by Alessandra Oddi Baglioni The Red Wedding In this magnificent background Giampaolo Baglioni's life is framed; he shall die in the same year of his friend Raphael. In the book blood and love scenes are masterfully interlaced around one of the most famous paintings in the world: the Entombment by Raphael, where at the center stands Grifonetto Baglioni, who was first author and then victim of the bloody ordeal of the Red Wedding.
- Author BiographyAlessandra Oddi Baglioni, after a long managerial career, has been devoted for years to historical Roman writings. Today she is celebrating not only the ancient family who gave birth and glory to her ancestors, but also the splendour of the city of Perugia, which had its apex between the end of the Fifteenth and the beginning of Sixteenth century, when Perugia contended with Florence the supremacy for political importance and artistic glamour.
- Author(s)Alessandra Oddi Baglioni
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight98 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.