All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMore an art than a science, the reference interview requires t only kwing a specific set of skills, but also how to apply those skills in an ever-changing world. Built around timeless service principles including Ranganathan's Five Laws, The Reference Interview Today: Negotiating and Answering Questions Face to Face, on the Phone, and Virtually is a practical field guide to conducting reference interviews in every modality: face-to-face, phone, chat, text, virtual world such as Second Life, and even mashup reference interviews where multiple modalities are used to answer the question. Seamlessly combining both time-hored principles and multiple techlogies, this practical book demonstrates how librarians can be as relevant and necessary in the digital age as in the print world. Appropriate for both vice and experienced librarians as well as for LIS students, this concise handbook speaks to those working in or preparing for careers in public, school, academic, and special libraries.
- Author BiographyDave Harmeyer is a professor and Associate Dean of University Libraries at Azusa Pacific University. He has written many articles for The Reference Librarian.
- Author(s)Dave Harmeyer
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication07/02/2014
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Note2 tables
- Weight240 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.