The Reflux Book: A Parent's Guide to Gastroesophageal Reflux by Beth Pulsifer-Anderson (Paperback / softback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $28.98Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.94+ AU $24.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes your child have colic or acid reflux? The first half of the book is for parents of infants with mild to moderate reflux. The second part of the book is for parents of older children and children with more serious problems. Sample chapters available on refluxbook.com. * Information on symptoms and diagsis * Common treatment and medications * Techniques for sleep, feeding and comforting * Ideas for coping with a high-need baby and child * Suggestions for working with the medical team * Parent-tested tips on caring for your child at home * 193 Parent short stories * No medical advice-only information * Covers newborns though teens * Use the LOOK INSIDE function to see the friendly, conversational tone of the writing. *Pre-press reviews posted on refluxbook.com REVIEW by WILLIAM SEARS, MD, Author of THE BABY BOOK and 30 other titles This book is a must-read for any family who has an infant or child with gastroesophageal reflux (GER). My interest in GER began in the early nineties when, as a pediatrician, I was uncomfortable passing babies off as having colic. Since that time, I have replaced the term colicky baby with the more accurate description the hurting baby, and it turns out that many so-called colicky babies actually suffer from this treatable condition. My favorite feature of this book is that it teaches what I believe is the best medical model for the treatment of GER: the pills-and-skills model. This is the model that I follow in my pediatric practice in treating infants and children with GER. Besides the pills, or medications, that you will learn about to treat GER, you will also learn the many infant and childcare skills and feeding skills that will help alleviate this painful condition... I wish that every healthcare provider who counsels parents for GER will prescribe this book.
- Author BiographyThe author is the founder and director of the Pediatric Adolescent Gastroesophageal Reflux Association (PAGER). The Reflux Book is based on her years of experience helping parents learn to cope with this frustrating condition. Her own daughter's reflux is mentioned very briefly in The Reflux Book. Beth Pulsifer-Anderson has worked in non-profit organizations since she was in high school. She enjoys writing about complex topics in Plain English. She is the author of three medical journal articles and a contributor on one published in JAMA. The Reflux Book is based on a book co-written with Jan Gambino. It was updated, reorganized and the writing was simplified. It contains an additional 50 pages and many illustrations.
- Author(s)Beth Pulsifer-Anderson
- PublisherIntensive Care Parenting
- Date of Publication13/10/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIntensive Care Parenting
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight367 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.