All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWentworth, Ohio: a small friendly town where the Carver children bicker over sweets in the E-Z shop and writer Johnny Marinville is the only resident who minds his own business. On Poplar Street, apart from the impending storm, it's just a rmal summer's day - with Frisbees flying, lawn mowers humming and barbeques grilling. As the paperboy makes his round, he is unaware of the chrome red van idling up the hill ...Soon the residents will be caught up in a game of wills as the regulators arrive in force to face a child whose powers of expression are just awakening. If you like THE REGULATORS, don't miss DESPERATION, written as an unidentical pair.
- Author BiographyStephen King is the bestselling author of more than fifty books. His novels include Carrie, The Shining and Revival. His novel Under the Dome is now a major TV series. His novel 11.22.63 won the Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Mystery/Thriller as well as the Best Hardcover Book Award from the International Thriller Writers Association. Many of his books have been turned into celebrated films including Misery, The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile. Over the years, King has had various cameo roles in film adaptations of his books as well as playing rhythm guitar in the Rock Bottom Remainders, a rock and roll band made up of some of America's bestselling and best-loved writers He was the recipient of the 2003 National Book Foundation Medal for Distinguished Contribution to American Letters. He lives with his wife, novelist Tabitha King, in Maine, USA. In his 'lifetime', Richard Bachman published five novels. A sixth, THE REGULATORS, was published after he died of pseudonym cancer (a relatively painless way to go) in 1985. He developed a cult following both before and after his death. Two of his novels (THINNER and THE RUNNING MAN) were made into motion pictures. BLAZE--both brutal and sensitive--is his final legacy. The last of the Bachman novels, written in 1973 and published for the first time. Stephen King's 'dark half' may have saved the best for last.
- Author(s)Richard Bachman,Stephen King
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication20/12/2012
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Paperback
- Content NoteDrawings
- Weight312 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $23.93Trending at AU $24.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.