All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDepend on SHP's comprehensive and best-selling core texts to enrich your understanding of A Level History. SHP Advanced History Core Texts are the Schools History Project's acclaimed books for A level History. They offer: - clear and penetrating narrative - comprehensively explaining the content required for examination success - thought provoking and relevant activities that explore the content and help students think analytically about the subject - thorough exam preparation through carefully designed tasks that address the distinctive requirements of A Level history including guidance in essay writing and source-based investigations. - a wide range of revision strategies including structured content summaries Additional features include: - A focus route pathway for independent learners - Learning Trouble Spots - which address common misunderstandings - diagrammatic summaries of key areas of content and historical issues - accessible summaries of recent historical debates. - active learning approaches, including decision-making exercises The Reign of Elizabeth 1558-1603 This title investigates the achievements and failures of, Elizabeth's governments and the changing nature of English society at this time. It explores the ongoing historiographical debate about the period. Major themes include: - How far was Elizabeth in control of her government? - How did religion affect England's relations with foreign powers - Can Elizabeth's reign be seen as a 'Golden Age?'
- Author BiographyBarbara Mervyn taught history in Merseyside secondary schools for many years and was Assistant Headteacher at Pensby High School for Girls before becoming 14-19 Curriculum Manager for Wirral. She is an experienced A Level examiner. Series editor: Ian Dawson is a former director of the Schools History Project.
- Author(s)Barbara Mervyn
- PublisherHodder Education
- Date of Publication29/08/2001
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleSHP Advanced History Core Texts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Murray
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight864 g
- Width205 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine16 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.