All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionNot just ather book on Star Wars, The Reign of Fantasy provides an explanation for the program's monumental political support during the Reagan years. The fundamental argument of the book is that the more fantastic the Star Wars proposal became, the greater the political success of the SDI program. And, though its primary focus is on Star Wars, the book's greatest contributions lie in the broader questions it raises concerning presidential leadership. What is the role of utopian visions in presidential politics? How could a surreal dream actually drive strategic policy? What are the future implications of Reagan's reign of fantasy to American-style democracy?
- Author BiographyThe Author: Kerry Hunter received his Ph.D. in political science from the University of Washington. He is currently an assistant professor at Albertson College of Idaho, where he teaches courses in American politics and culture, political philosophy, and constitutional law.
- Author(s)Kerry L. Hunter
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/05/1992
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleAmerican University Studies Series 10: Political Science
- Series Part/Volume Number34
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1992
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight420 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.