All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPART 1: THE PRESENT Middlingham- or Middle-of-where as Caroline Vallely nicknames it- is a provincial town in Norfolk, home to teenage Caroline and her closest friends, Elizabeth and Hayley. The story begins in the late 1980's as all three girls find themselves rejected, to varying degrees, by the people who are supposed to love them the most- their parents. Caroline has always had a difficult relationship with her mother and father, and takes cynical pride in being the black sheep of the family. Elizabeth refuses to follow the choice of profession that's been laid out for her and Hayley goes for the oldest story in the book- she gets herself pregnant. 'Maybe we should form a club, , a coterie, such a more interesting, more exotic word, ' said Caroline. 'It means an exclusive group of people sharing an interest. We could call ourselves The Reject's Club. Three unwanted darlings together.' She named it and owned it. Her club, her title, her disciples. She fluttered her eyelashes theatrically and raised her glass. And so The Reject's Club was born. As they grow into adults, the trio all strive for a happier life, but thing can ever be straightforward...
- Author BiographyElaine Rockett was born in London and brought up in Norfolk. She returned to London to study, and worked as a fashion designer before moving into writing. The Reject's Club is her first novel.
- Author(s)Elaine Rockett
- Date of Publication11/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.