All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionBattles of the Anglo-Boer War series provides an accessible guide to some of the major campaigns, battles and battlefields of this historic conflict in KwaZulu-Natal. The books are written for the general reader as well as for historians seeking fresh insights into the events leading up to, during and after the battles. The text is supported by contemporary accounts and photographs, some of which have never previously been published. Maps show in detail the routes and dispositions of the opposing forces for each battle. After almost two weeks of continuous fighting in the Colenso region, General Buller finally broke through, in the rugged Thukela Heights area, to relieve Ladysmith. The Boers fought back heroically but they were eventually overwhelmed by the numerical superiority of the British forces.
- Author BiographyKen Gillings began taking an interest in South African military history as a schoolboy and since then has undertaken extensive research into South African battlefields, especially those in KwaZulu-Natal. He has written numerous articles on the subject, many of which have appeared in the South African Military History Journal. He co-edited The War Memoirs of Commandant Ludwig Krause (van Riebeeck Society) and is author of Battles of KwaZulu-Natal, which is in its fifth edition. The Relief of Ladysmith: Breakthrough at Thukela Heights, 13-28 February 1900 is an acclaimed South African battlefield guide and has been affiliated with the South African Military History Society, the South African National Society, the Ladysmith Historical Society (of which he is a founder life member), the KwaZulu-Natal Heritage Foundation and the National Monuments Commission's War Graves & Graves of Conflict Committee. He chaired the KwaZulu-Natal Regional Committee for the Commemoration of the Centenary of the Anglo-Boer War. He lives in Durban, South Africa.
- Author(s)Ken Gillings
- Publisher30 Degrees South Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2014
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleBattles of the Anglo-Boer War Series
- Place of PublicationJohannesburg
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- Imprint30 Degrees South Publishers
- Content Note25 b/w photos, maps
- Weight95000 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.