All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Religious and Spiritual Life of the Jews of Medina Haggai Mazuz offers an account of the halakhic character of the Jewish community of Medina in the seventh century CE. Making use of a unique methodology of comparison between Islamic and Jewish sources, Mazuz convincingly argues that the Jews of Medina were Talmudic-Rabbinic Jews in almost every respect. Their sages believed in using homiletic interpretation of the Scriptures, as did the sages of the Talmud. On many halakhic issues, their observations were identical to those of the Talmudic sages. In addition, they held Rabbinic beliefs, sayings and motifs derived from the Midrashic literature.
- Author BiographyHaggai Mazuz, Ph.D. (2010), Bar-Ilan University, is lecturer of Islamic Studies at Bar-Ilan University. He has published several articles on the relationship between Judaism and Islam, Qur'an commentary and Islamic jurisprudence. His forthcoming monograph, Menstruation and Its Legislation: The Evolution and Crystallization of the Law of Menses in the Islamic Juristic Tradition (Ramat-Gan: Bar-Ilan University Press) is scheduled to be published in 2014.
- Author(s)Haggai Mazuz
- Date of Publication15/05/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleThe Brill Reference Library of Judaism
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight369 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.69
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
- AU $35.29Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.