Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $12.30Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by shattered.angel
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $13.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by lyndamarg_lmwares
- Est. delivery by 30 Jan
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Reluctant Fundamentalist is Mohsin Hamid's thrillingly provocative international bestseller Shortlisted for the Man Booker prize in 2007 Now a major film directed by Mira Nair and starring Kate Hudson and Kiefer Sutherland 'Excuse me, sir, but may I be of assistance? Ah, I see I have alarmed you. Do t be frightened by my beard. I am a lover of America ...' So speaks the mysterious stranger at a Lahore cafe as dusk settles. Invited to join him for tea, you learn his name and what led this speaker of immaculate English to seek you out. For he is more worldy than you might expect; better travelled and better educated. He kws the West better than you do. And as he tells you his story, of how he embraced the Western dream -- and a Western woman -- and how both betrayed him, so the night darkens. Then the true reason for your meeting becomes abundantly clear ...Challenging, mysterious and thrillingly tense, Mohsin Hamid's masterly The Reluctant Fundamentalist is a vital read teeming with questions and ideas about some of the most pressing issues of today's globalised, fractured world. 'Masterful ...A multi-layered and thoroughly gripping book, which works as a poignant love story, a powerful dissection of how US imperialist machinations have turned so many people against the world's superpower - and as a thriller that subtly ratchets up the nerve-jangling tension towards an explosive ending' Metro 'Beautifully written . ..more exciting than any thriller I've read for a long time' Philip Pullman 'A brilliant book' Kiran Desai 'Admirably spare and amazingly exciting' Rachel Cooke, New Statesman Mohsin Hamid is the author of The Reluctant Fundamentalist, Moth Smoke and How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia. His fiction has been translated into over 30 languages, received numerous awards, and been shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize. He has contributed essays and short stories to publications such as the Guardian, The New York Times, Financial Times, Granta, and Paris Review. Born and mostly raised in Lahore, he spent part of his childhood in California, studied at Princeton University and Harvard Law School, and has since lived between Lahore, London, and New York.
- Author BiographyMohsin Hamid writes regularly for The New York Times, the Guardian and the New York Review of Books, and is the author of The Reluctant Fundamentalist, Moth Smoke, How to Get Filthy Rich in Rising Asia and Discontent and its Civilisations. Born and mostly raised in Lahore, he has since lived between Lahore, London and New York.
- PrizesWinner of Asian American Literary Awards: Fiction 2008 and English-Speaking Union of the United States Ambassador Book Awards: Fiction Category 2008 and The South Bank Show Awards: Literature 2008 and Anisfield-Wolf Book Award 2008. Commended for Australia-Asia Literary Award 2008. Shortlisted for International IMPAC Dublin Literary Award 2009 and The South Bank Show Awards: Arts Council England Decibel Award 2008 and T.R. Fyvel Book Award 2008 and Commonwealth Writers' Prize Best Book - Eurasia 2008 and James Tait Black Memorial Book Prize: Fiction 2008 and Man Booker Prize for Fiction 2007.
- Author(s)Mohsin Hamid
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2008
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Weight159 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- michelleosulliv...10 May, 2016by
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
- catenamc1002 Jul, 2014by
Fantastic Book! not overpriced and a sensational read!
needed this book for school, couldn't put it down and finished in 4 days! I usually don't read at all but this book i would highly recommend. The authors writing was difficult to understand at the start however i thoroughly enjoyed the uniqueness of this book.
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.50
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.68
- AU $14.99Trending at AU $19.97
- AU $21.84Trending at AU $24.73
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.14
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $20.61