All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $138.24Trending at AU $168.18
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.66
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $24.21Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.49
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $15.78Trending at AU $17.57
About this product
- DescriptionThe eagerly awaited third title in the Cheryl Harness Histories series paints a vibrant portrait of Theodore Roosevelt Rough Rider, trustbuster, explorer, President, and more whose bullish attitude forever changed America. How did a sickly boy transform himself into one of the country's boldest leaders? You'll get the full story front page and behind-the-scenes as only Cheryl Harness can tell it. Through her lively narrative and engaging artwork, readers will see Teddy riding the range in South Dakota, charging up San Juan Hill in the Spanish-American War, climbing the political ladder all the way to the White House, breaking up big business, building the Panama Canal, and big-game hunting in Africa. They will also experience life in America when the telephone, airplane, and automobile were all brand-new, when women, blacks, and laborers were demanding equal rights, and when the cry for expansion stretched the borders from Maine to the Philippines and from Puerto Rico to Alaska. This was an age in which Roosevelt's promise to give every American a square deal and to walk softly and carry a big stick helped build the country into a world power. With a new adventure on almost every page, readers will find themselves wowed by this true story of a larger-than-life American hero, and the country and times in which he lived. National Geographic supports K-12 educators with ELA Common Core Resources.Visitwww.natgeoed.org/commoncorefor more information.
- Author BiographyCheryl Harness is the author and/or illustrator of some 35 books for children, including 7 picture book biographies for National Geographic. She lives in Independence, MO. Visit Cheryl Harness on the Web at www.cherylharness.com.
- Author(s)Cheryl Harness
- PublisherNational Geographic Society
- Date of Publication31/03/2007
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Place of PublicationHanover, PA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNational Geographic Society
- Out-of-print date28/07/2011
- Content Notecol
- Weight431 g
- Width184 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.