All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe United States has long dominated ecomic as well as political affairs in the Caribbean. Recently, however, the relations between the US and the Caribbean nations have been changing. In the early 1980s, the United States unilaterally anunced the Caribbean Basin Initiative, which was a set of tariff concessions to the region designed to improve the overall ecomic situation. More recently, the Association of Caribbean States was created to bring together the islands and countries on the Caribbean rim in an attempt to reposition the region in light of the development of powerful trading blocs in the western hemisphere and Europe. This volume brings together essays that explore the historical, political, and ecomic dimensions of US-Caribbean relations. As such, it will be of considerable use to scholars and researchers of the Caribbean, ecomic development, and international relations. This volume brings together essays that explore the historical, political, and ecomic dimensions of US-Caribbean relations. As such, it will be of considerable use to scholars and researchers of the Caribbean, ecomic development, and international relations.
- Author BiographyRANSFORD. W. PALMER is Professor of Economics and Chairman of the Department of Economics at Howard University. Among his earlier publications are Pilgrims from the Sun: West Indian Migration to America (1995), In Search of a Better Life: Perspectives on Migration from the Caribbean (Praeger, 1990), and Caribbean Dependence on the United States Economy (Praeger, 1979).
- Author(s)Ransford W. Palmer
- Date of Publication30/10/1997
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight504 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.