All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book brings together a series of related essays by a philosopher principally addressing the controversial question, What is art?, and considering, too, such connected questions as aesthetic value, moral value and natural beauty. The book addresses the concerns of contemporary philosophical aesthetics and the philosophy of art; it pays some attention too to influential figures in the history of aesthetics, such as Schopenhauer, and is written in an untechnical style which will make it accessible to everyone with an interest in, and concern for, the arts.
- Author BiographyThe Author: T.J. Diffey is Reader in Philosophy at the University of Sussex. He is author of Tolstoy's 'What is Art?' (1985) and of numerous papers in aesthetics and related fields. He has been editor of The British Journal of Aesthetics since 1978.
- Author(s)T.J Diffey
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/1991
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Series TitleNew Studies in Aesthetics
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight640 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.