All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychological and social processes that connect health with housing come into focus in this collection of original papers. Eminent European and North American scholars provide conceptual and analytical tools useful for further enhancing our understanding of the relations among housing, residence, and health. This title features articles by eminent European and North American scholars, which investigate the psychological and social processes that connect health with housing. It explores how social ecological factors set the boundaries for the activities individuals engage in regarding their health and housing. It provides conceptual and analytical tools to further enhance understanding of the relationships between housing, residence, and health.
- Author BiographyTerry Hartig is an Associate Professor of Psychology with the Institute for Housing and Urban Research and the Department of Psychology of Uppsala University. He completed graduate training in social ecology at the University of California at Irvine and postdoctoral training in social epidemiology at the University of California at Berkeley. His research focuses on health values of nature experience, restorative environments, health in relation to residence, and the social ecology of stress and restoration. Roderick J. Lawrence is Professor in the Faculty of Social and Economic Sciences at the University of Geneva, where he works in the Centre for Human Ecology and Environmental Sciences. In 1994 he was appointed to the Scientific Advisory Committee of the World Health Organization's European Centre for Environment and Health. In 1999 he was nominated Chair of the Evaluation Advisory Committee of the World Health Organization's Healthy Cities Project for the European Region. In 2001 he was nominated to the WHO European Taskforce on Housing and Health.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication24/09/2003
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleJournal of Social Issues (JOSI)
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 59, No. 3
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight312 g
- Width156 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRoderick J. Lawrence,Terry A. Hartig
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.