All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow are people and communities able to prevail despite challenge? What helps them bounce back from adversity and even grow in kwledge and understanding? And can this resilience be taught? During the past decade, exciting scientific advances have shed light on how resilience operates from neurons to neighborhoods. In The Resilience Handbook, experts in the science of resilience draw on human and animal research to describe the process of resilience and follow its course as it unfolds both within individuals and in social networks. Contributors also highlight the promise of new interventions that apply what we kw about resilience processes to bolster positive health, and raise some of the pressing questions and issues for the field as it matures. This handbook is designed to be used by students as an invitation to a burgeoning field; by researchers, as a framework for advancing theories, hypotheses, and empirical tests of resilience functions; and by clinicians, as a comprehensive and up-to-the-minute integration of theory and practice.
- Author BiographyMartha Kent is a research scientist at the Phoenix VA Health Care System and a member of the Resilience Solutions Group at Arizona State University. Mary C. Davis is a professor in the department of psychology at Arizona State University and member of the Resilience Solutions Group. John W. Reich is an emeritus professor of psychology at Arizona State University and the coeditor of the Handbook of Adult Resilience.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/08/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 7 black & white tables, 4 black & white halftones, 21 black & white line drawings
- Weight612 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJohn W. Reich,Martha Kent,Mary C. Davis
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.