All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge Atwood scratches out a living taking guest sailing from one of the world's plushest resorts. Life has become somewhat routine and boring, until Kim, the young woman who works for him, disappears. Shepherd Wilkenson is The Resort's silver-haired womanizing general manager. His primary concern is maintaining a tranquil experience for the guests, and anything resembling a kidnapping must be kept from their ears. Kim wakes up to find she's been kidnapped by an oversized nutcase who has her imprisoned in a luxurious villa set high on a cliff. Karen Anderson, an attractive twenty-three year old, offers to fill in as mate on George's boat until Kim is found. He starts having feelings for her, even though he promised himself never to get involved with anyone so young. Officer Durant, the head of the local police department, loves his sleepy little island, but is forced to stretch his department's resources to the limit to keep their paradise safe. The kidnapper, a warped giant named Herbert, plans to collect young women and live out his fantasies until his credit cards run out. His strict upbringing in rural Texas never prepared him for the hedonistic lifestyle of an exotic land. But he kws his days are numbered.
- Author BiographyG. N. Allen grew up in eastern Massachusetts as the landscape changed from rural to suburban. With an abundance of woods to play in around his home and summers spent boating on Cape Cod, he naturally developed a love for the outdoors and adventure. During his twenties Jerry, as his friends know him, lived in northern New Hampshire and earned his living as a lumberjack. When not working in the woods he traipsed the mountains and canoed the streams. Jerry eventually moved back to Massachusetts to help his father run his tree care business. The town he'd grown up in had become upscale suburbs though and he felt much like a fish out of water. Sailing provided him with an escape on the weekends and quickly became a passion. Soon he began planning for the day he could sail away. When the family business was sold, Jerry moved aboard his sailboat and sailed south to the Caribbean, which he would call home for over ten years. All of his life Jerry has loved to write and, while living aboard his boat he found the time to start pursuing this passion. The characters Jerry lived and worked with gave him all the inspiration he needed. Now he has settled into a very comfortable life on the island of Martha's Vineyard, where he has unpacked his things and built his own boat shop.
- Author(s)G N Allen
- PublisherIsland Dog Publishing
- Date of Publication17/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Dog Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.06
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.