All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionThis book proposes an introduction to the mathematical modeling of the respiratory system. A detailed introduction on the physiological aspects makes it accessible to a large audience without any prior kwledge on the lung. Different levels of description are proposed, from the lumped models with a small number of parameters (Ordinary Differential Equations), up to infinite dimensional models based on Partial Differential Equations. Besides these two types of differential equations, two chapters are dedicated to resistive networks, and to the way they can be used to investigate the dependence of the resistance of the lung upon geometrical characteristics. The theoretical analysis of the various models is provided, together with state-of-the-art techniques to compute approximate solutions, allowing comparisons with experimental measurements. The book contains several exercises, most of which are accessible to advanced undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyBertrand Maury is Professor of Mathematics at the Universite Paris-Sud, Orsay (France). He is also adjunct Professor at the Ecole Polytechnique, Docent Professor at the University of Jyvaskyla (Finland), and junior member of the Institut Universitaire de France. His domains of interest extend from Computational Fluid Dynamics and Numerical Analysis, to modeling in life sciences and Optimal Transportation.
- Author(s)Bertrand Maury
- PublisherSpringer Verlag
- Date of Publication26/06/2015
- Series TitleMs&A
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationMilan
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintSpringer Verlag
- Content Notebiography
- Weight462 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.