Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $20.62Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the cocktail of successful schools and their leaders? They are restless. There is a paradox at their core: they are very secure in their systems, values and successes, yet simultaneously seeking to change and improve. These schools look inwards to secure wise development; they look outwards to seize invation which they can hew to their own ends and, importantly, make a difference to the children and students they serve. This book is written with the certainty that whatever the quality of an education system and its schools at a given point in time, we shall strive to improve them, in the kwledge that perfection lies just around the corner. That is the human condition. That is the international imperative. That is the restless school.
- Author BiographyRoy Blatchford is Director of the National Education Trust (www.nationaleducationtrust.net). Previously he was Her Majesty's Inspector of Schools (HMI) in England, with national responsibilities for school improvement and for the inspection of outstanding schools. Roy has extensive experience of writing inspection frameworks, nationally and internationally, and has inspected and reviewed over 800 schools and colleges in the UK and Europe, USA, Middle East and India. Roy was Principal of Walton High and Walton Learning Centre in Milton Keynes, opened in September 1999 and described by Ofsted as a first-class centre of learning innovative and inspiring . He was Founding Director (1996 1998) of Reading Is Fundamental, UK, a non-profit organisation developing children's reading and family literacy. From 1986 1996 he was Headteacher of Bicester Community College, an Oxfordshire comprehensive school serving 1200+ 11-19 year old students. He spent 13 years teaching in inner-London schools, youth and adult services, and has for 30 years been a trainer and speaker with schools, teachers, leaders, parents and governors on English and literacy, raising student achievement, curriculum development, school improvement, leadership and innovation. He has served as an adviser to various governments, most recently as Deputy Chair/Chair of Drafting Group of the DfE Teachers Standards Review. Roy has worked with HM Prison Service, the NHS and the Arts Council in a number of voluntary capacities, and is a Visiting Fellow at Oxford Brookes University. He is the author/editor of over 150 books and is a regular contributor to the national media. Recent books include Sparkling Classrooms, The 2012 Teachers Standards and Taking forward the Primary Curriculum.
- Author(s)Roy Blatchford
- PublisherJohn Catt Educational Ltd
- Date of Publication14/04/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationSuffolk
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Catt Educational Ltd
- Weight224 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.43Trending at AU $23.89
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $119.81
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.