All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Resurrected God is an exciting, invative examination of the resurrection of Christ and its relationship to the doctrine of the Trinity in the mature work of Karl Barth, particularly across the three parts of volume IV of the Church Dogmatics. John Drury argues that, for Barth, the subject and basis of Christ's resurrection is the triune God. The volume demonstrates that Barth explicated the doctrine of Christ's resurrection through a unique Trinitarian grammar and grounds the event of the resurrection in the eternal triune being of God. Closely expositing and analyzing Barth's deployment of this Trinitarian grammar in the fourth volume, the author turns to a constructive reconsideration of Barth's earlier doctrine of the Trinity in the first volume, examining that material in light of the concept of God operative in the later work. Thinking with and beyond Barth, the author concludes that resurrection is inextricably linked with the Triune life of the God who raises and is raised.
- Author BiographyJohn L. Drury is assistant professor of systematic theology and Christian ministry at Indiana Wesleyan University. He earned a Ph.D. in theology from Princeton Theological Seminary.
- Author(s)John L. Drury
- PublisherSpark House
- Date of Publication01/06/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Series TitleEmerging Scholars
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpark House
- Weight530 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.