All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost of us think we kw something about retailing: we shop, we buy, we consume. But retailing, perhaps more than any other ecomic sector, has been transformed fundamentally over the last thirty years, both ecomically and culturally. Featuring work from seminal theorists in the area and charting the development of retailing as an important discipline in its own right, this superb volume examines the key themes in contemporary retailing. Organized into five sections, each of which includes an illuminating editorial overview, The Retailing Reader examines: * consumers and shoppers * retail branding and marketing * merchandising and buying; * strategy, power and policy * international retailing. Extensive case studies include an analysis of the British grocery market, the strategies embodied by Nike Town stores, and the development of retail ecomies in China and Latin America. The Retailing Reader presents a comprehensive overview of this important area of study, and is an ideal companion for any student of retailing, marketing or business and management.
- Author BiographyJohn Dawson holds chairs at the University of Edinburgh and University of Stirling, UK. He is Visiting Professor at ESADE, Barcelona and Distinguished Professor, University of Marketing and Distribution Sciences, Kobe, Japan. He has researched and written on retailing since the 1960s. Anne Findlay is a Research Fellow at the Institute for Retail Studies, University of Stirling, UK. Her main interests include retail planning and food retailing, with ongoing research funded by MRC and the National Retail Planning Forum. Leigh Sparks is Professor of Retail Studies at the University of Stirling, UK. He has been a Visiting Professor at Florida State University and at the University of Tennessee, USA. He is Co-editor of the leading European retail journal and has published widely on aspects of spatial-structural change in retailing.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/04/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 60 black & white tables, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight850 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byAnne Findlay,John Dawson,Leigh Sparks
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.