All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
About this product
- DescriptionHow well do we kw the people we marry? Is it wrong to decide it s time to be honest? Is love eugh to save a family? InThe Retreat from Moscow, William Nicholson, the celebrated author of Shadowlands, tells the powerful story of a husband who decides to be truthful in his marriage, and of the wife and son whose lives will never be the same again. Edward and Alice have been married for thirty-three years. He is a teacher at a boys school, perfectly at home with his daily crossword and lately engrossed in reading about Napoleon s costly invasion of Moscow. She is an observant Catholic, exacting and opinionated, and has been collecting poems about lost love for a new anthology. Jamie, their diffident thirty-two year old son, is visiting for the weekend when Edward anunces he has met ather woman. With the coiled intensity of Tom Stoppard s The Real Thingand the embracing empathy of Edward Albee s best family dramas, The Retreat from Moscowshines a breathtakingly natural light on the fallout of a shattered marriage.
- Author BiographyWilliam Nicholson is the author of the play Shadowlands, which was made into a film starring Anthony Hopkins and Debra Winger. He received an Academy Award nomination for his screenplay for Shadowlands and has written numerous other screenplays as well as a forthcoming novel, The Society of Others, and a trilogy of children s fantasy adventure novels. He lives in London.
- Author(s)William Nicholson
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintRandom House USA Inc
- Weight136 g
- Width133 mm
- Height205 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.