All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Return of Nature asks you to critique your conception of nature and your approach to architectural sustainability and green design. What do the terms mean? Are they de facto design requirements? Or are they unintended design replacements? The book is divided into five parts giving you multiple viewpoints on the role of the relations between architecture, nature, techlogy, and culture. A detailed case study of a built project concludes each part to help you translate theory into practice. This holistic approach will allow you to formulate your own theory and to adjust your practice based on your findings. Will you provoke change, design architecture that responds to change, or both? Coedited by an architect and a historian, the book features new essays by Robert Levit, Catherine Ingraham, Sylvia Lavin, Barry Bergdoll, K. Michael Hays, Diane Lewis, Andrew Payne, Mark Jarzombek, Jean-Francois Chevrier, Elizabeth Diller, Antoine Picon, and Jorge Silvetti. Five case studies document the work of MOS Architects, Michael Bell Architecture, Steven Holl Architects, George L. Legendre, and Preston Scott Cohen.
- Author BiographyPreston Scott Cohen is Gerald M. McCue Professor at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design and Principal of Preston Scott Cohen, Inc., based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA. Erika Naginski is Professor of Architectural History and Co-Director of the PhD Program in Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and Urban Planning at the Harvard University Graduate School of Design, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note117 colour illustrations
- Weight635 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byErika Naginski,Preston Scott Cohen
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $24.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.