All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.85Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Revelations of St Birgitta: A Study and Edition of the Birgittine-Norwegian Texts, Swedish National Archives, E 8902, Jonathan Adams offers a detailed analysis of the manuscript and its contents as well as a new edition of this puzzling text. The Birgittine-Norwegian texts are very distinctive from the main Birgittine vernacular corpus of literature and have taxed scholars for decades as to why and for whom they were written. The linguistic study of the manuscript is combined with contextual and historical information in order to reinforce the arguments made and offer explanations within a cultural context. This provides a welcome new dimension to earlier research that has otherwise been pursued to a large degree within a single academic discipline.
- Author BiographyJonathan Adams, Ph.D. (2006), University College London, is Docent and Researcher for the Royal Swedish Academy in the Department of Scandinavian Languages, Uppsala University. He has published monographs and articles on East Norse philology and literature, including Displaced Texts (2008) and Lessons in Contempt (2013).
- Author(s)Jonathan Adams
- Date of Publication15/10/2015
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Series TitleStudies in Medieval and Reformation Traditions
- Series Part/Volume Number194
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Weight1099 g
- Width16 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.