The Revenge of the Child: Thoughts on How to Prevent Future Holocausts by Thomas W. Pierce (Paperback, 2010)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPoet and scholar Thomas W. Pierce, using his spiritual name Chandra Lal from seventeen incarnations ago, presents a fascinating study on how we can eliminate war, crime, and violence from our world in The Revenge of the Child. Using a combination of intuition and research, Pierce delves into the history of the twentieth century and focuses primarily on two high and two low points as a framework for his argument. The high points include the discovery of cold fusion and the Marshall Plan and the low points include the atomic bombing of Japan and the Holocaust in Europe. Pierce argues that human progress is dependent upon human understanding. With the continued improvement of communication, the world has become a global village, which in turn has contributed to the slow increase of mass human understanding that all are entitled to help and protection. By harnessing this powerful element, we are better prepared to ackwledge the constructive forces of light and the destructive forces of darkness in the human psyche, enabling us to improve our world. By combining this kwledge with historical studies, Pierce shows how we desperately need to use this enlightened understanding to keep from repeating the mistakes of our history, particularly when it comes to child abuse. Only then can we transform Earth into the Paradise it is rightly destined to become. The Revenge of the Child aptly demonstrates what we as a people need to do to prevent tragedy from overtaking our beloved world.
- Author BiographyThomas W. Pierce received his BA degree in clinical psychology from the University of California at Berkeley in June of 1950. In 1976, he completed a 25-year career in social welfare administration. Pierce was ordained a Priest of Isis in October of 1997 and his wife, Linda, was ordained a Priestess of Isis in October of 2005.
- Author(s)Thomas W. Pierce
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication04/06/2010
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight216 g
- Width216 mm
- Height140 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.