All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book reveals the secret of Trippi's off-the-charts political success - his revolutionary use of the Internet - and an impassioned, contagious desire to overthrow politics as usual. Trippi's invations brought fundamental change to the culture of American politics, and became the model for how all future political campaigns would be run, demonstrating that the largely untapped and underestimated influence of the Internet can compete with - and in many ways exceed - the traditional approaches to winning in politics. In this book, Trippi reveals just how the sleeping power of techlogy are being harnessed in the future - for politics and beyond, into the realms of business and every other aspect of life. Trippi sees the Internet as a way of distributing of power to the people, and argues persuasively that companies that understand the coming revolution will be the first movers in this new era, while those who wait will certainly be left behind. With his behind-the-scenes look at the daily drama of a presidential campaign-in which a small, highly dedicated group of campaign workers and millions of true believers watched in awe as they changed the face of politics - and his 'seven inviolable, irrefutable, ingenious things your business or institution or candidate can do in the age of the Internet that might keep you from getting your ass kicked but then again might t', Trippi offers an inspiring glimpse of the world as it will be - and how power, in the hands of all of us, changes everything.
- Author BiographyJoe Trippi made national headlines with his innovative Internet-based campaign for Governor Howard Dean. A senior adviser on Senator John Edwards's 2008 campaign, Trippi is an election analyst and commentator for CBS, and he has been profiled in GQ, Fast Company, The New Republic, and the New York Times Magazine. A father of three, he lives with his wife on the eastern shore of Maryland.
- Author(s)Joe Trippi
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication03/07/2008
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWilliam Morrow Paperbacks
- Content Note16-page black and white photo insert
- Weight362 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.