All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a selection from 300 newly discovered poems, found in the archives of the National Library of Scotland. They have never been published before. The range of subjects is extraordinary: thoughtful, provocative poems about sexuality and identity, marriage and divorce. There are comic squibs, short immediately accessible rhyming satires on the uselessness of men, the hypocrisy of the Church and the complacency of the bourgeoisie. This publication is supported by the National Library of Scotland.
- Author BiographyHUGH MACDIARMID is the pen name of Christopher Murray Grieve (1892-1978), father of the Scottish Literary Renaissance and the greatest Scottish writer of the twentieth century. Since his death, his literary and political influence have remained incalculable. On the centenary of his birth in 1992, Carcanet launched the MacDiarmid 2000 programme, to bring into print all of his major writings.
- Author(s)Hugh MacDiarmid
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication30/10/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Content Note1 port.
- Weight145 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Volume editorAlan Riach,Dorian Grieve,John Manson
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $73.88New
- AU $61.04Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.24
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.