All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJames Conlly, the greatest Marxist and socialist thinker, organiser and leader Ireland ever produced, was also a great internationalist and anti-imperialist writer and campaigner. This wide-ranging anthology features a scholarly introduction which provides background to Conlly's life, career and influences, and which contextualises his work both in Ireland and internationally. The collection of texts presented here demonstrates that Conlly's writings are as pertinent in Ireland and the postcolonial world a century after his execution for leadership of the 1916 Easter Rising in Ireland as they were in his own lifetime. The Revolutionary and Anti-Imperialist Writings of James Conlly, 1893-1916 is a vital and inspiring resource for students, scholars and activists seeking to understand the tumultuous history of early twentieth-century Ireland in both its local and imperial contexts, and looking for the tools to understand the inequities of our globalised world today.
- Author BiographyConor McCarthy is Lecturer in English at Maynooth University. He's the author of Modernisation, Crisis and Culture in Ireland 1969-1992 (2000) and The Cambridge Introduction to Edward Said (2010).
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Weight635 g
- Width155 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byDr Conor McCarthy
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.86
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.81Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.51
- AU $19.15Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.13
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.