All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in paperback! Until w, there was theoretical research of character in children's fiction and very few comprehensive theoretical studies of literary characters in general. In her latest intellectual foray, the author of From Mythic to Linear ponders the art of characterization. Through a variety of critical perspectives, she uncovers the essential differences between story ( what we are told ) and discourse ( how we are told ), and carefully distinguishes between how these are employed in children's fiction and in general fiction. Yet ather masterful work by a leading figure in contemporary criticism.
- Author BiographyMaria Nikolajeva is Professor of Comparative Literature at Stockholm University in Stockholm, Sweden. She was the president of the International Research Society for Children's Literature 1993-97. She has also been member of the North American Children's Literature Association since 1985 and has served on its International Committee. In addition to being the author and editor of several books on children's literature, she is one of the senior editors of the forthcoming Oxford Encyclopedia of Children's Literature.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2004.
- Author(s)Maria Nikolajeva
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notebibliog , index
- Weight490 g
- Width146 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.