All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow available in paperback! Until w, there was theoretical research of character in children's fiction and very few comprehensive theoretical studies of literary characters in general. In her latest intellectual foray, the author of From Mythic to Linear ponders the art of characterization. Through a variety of critical perspectives, she uncovers the essential differences between story ( what we are told ) and discourse ( how we are told ), and carefully distinguishes between how these are employed in children's fiction and in general fiction. Yet ather masterful work by a leading figure in contemporary criticism.
- Author BiographyMaria Nikolajeva is Professor of Comparative Literature at Stockholm University in Stockholm, Sweden. She was the president of the International Research Society for Children's Literature 1993-97. She has also been member of the North American Children's Literature Association since 1985 and has served on its International Committee. In addition to being the author and editor of several books on children's literature, she is one of the senior editors of the forthcoming Oxford Encyclopedia of Children's Literature.
- PrizesWinner of Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2004.
- Author(s)Maria Nikolajeva
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2002
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Notebibliog , index
- Weight490 g
- Width146 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.