All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
About this product
- DescriptionThe Rhetoric of Expertise conceptualizes expertise as a function of persuasion; specifically, it explores four different contexts-politics, history, medicine, and information-in which expertise is rhetorically constructed in a tension between two competing alternatives. In this book, E. Johanna Hartelius provides a rhetorical theory and vocabulary for understanding expertise. This enriches such perennial concerns in rhetorical studies as credibility, artistic and inartistic means of persuasion, the discursive nature of kwledge, and the rhetoric of power and authority.
- Author BiographyE. Johanna Hartelius is assistant professor of rhetorical studies at Northern Illinois University.
- Author(s)E. Johanna Hartelius
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication16/11/2010
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight463 g
- Width161 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.