All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFifty years on, this superb and exciting book depicts the military history of Southern Rhodesia from the first resistance to colonial rule, through the period of UDI by the Smith government to the Lancaster House agreement that transferred power. There are vivid accounts of the operations against the black nationalist 'guerillas' by the security forces and the intensity of the fighting and courage of the participants will surprise and enthrall readers. Atrocities were undoubtedly committed by both sides but equally the protagonists were playing for very high stakes. But this is more than just a book on military operations. The Authors are able to provide expert analysis of the historical situation and examines events up to the present day, including Mugabe's operations against rival tribes and white farmers. For a thorough work on its subject this book cant be bettered. Essential reading for those wishing to learn more about a counter-insurgency campaign. The ingenuity of the Rhodesian military fighting against overwhelming odds and restricted by sanctions is impressive but the outcome culminating in the Lancaster House Agreement was inevitable.
- Author BiographyProfessor Paul Moorcraft is a published author and journalist living near Guildford. He was a senior instructor at Sandhurst but lived for many years in South Africa and Zimbabwe. He is currently Visiting Professor at Cardiff University and Director of the Centre for Foreign Policy Analysis, London. His published works include Axis of Evil (2005), Inside the Danger Zones (2010), The Rhodesian War (2011), Mugabe's War Machine (2011) Shooting the Messenger (2011), The Total Destruction of the Tamil Tigers (2012) and Omar al-Bashir and Africa's Longest War (2015). Peter McLaughlin was in the Rhodesian policy during the civil war. He still lives in Zimbabwe and is an academic and author.
- Author(s)Paul Moorcraft,Peter McLaughlin
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationSouth Yorkshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPen & Sword Military
- Content Note16pp black and white plates
- Weight363 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best Selling in Textbooks
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $72.16New
- AU $64.84Used
- AU $78.59New
- AU $105.40New
- AU $75.53Used
Save on Textbooks
- AU $45.70Trending at AU $72.17
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $80.10
- AU $21.26Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $89.88Trending at AU $94.39
- AU $19.59Trending at AU $32.54
- AU $118.00Trending at AU $128.10
- AU $21.27Trending at AU $22.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.