All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe central role of the ribonucleic acids (RNA) in mediating the expression of information encoded in DNA in living cells is w well established. Research in this area of biology continues at a remarkable rate, and new and significant information appears almost daily in a wide range of journals, published symposia and specialist reviews. The diverse nature of this information makes it difficult for the newcomer to the field of RNA biochemistry to obtain a general view of established concepts, current activity, and new advances. Moreover, the reviews available are frequently concerned with insular aspects of these Ubiquitous molecules, or in the case of text- books, the subject is treated as part of a general outline of proper- ties of nucleic acids and thus may be superficial. The authors of the chapters in this collection attempt to provide a comprehensive, though t overly detailed, outline of the biologi- cal roles of RNA. They have written for students with basic training in biochemistry, but otherwise with a wide variety of biological interests-plant physiology, virology, organelle bio- chemistry, genetics, cell biology, differentiation and development. Viral RNA, which was dealt with as a separate chapter in the first edition, has been deleted from this edition because it is an unman- ageably large single topic, and at the same time is addressed in a number of ways in many different places in the book.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication05/11/2011
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight667 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byD.S. Letham,P.R. Stewart
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 2nd ed. 1977
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.